Thursday, March 24, 2016

SAVED by Spring Break

Today, at 1:55 this afternoon, SPRING BREAK began.
Oh, words cannot even come close to describing how much I neeeeed this time to decompress.


When students began to leave school, there was just this sense of growing excitement in me.
Then, I walked to my car - 
and when I turned on the ignition, it was as though a hundred pound weight was lifted off my tired, arthritic shoulders.
Yes, I have arthritis in my shoulders at the ripe old age of 46.
The doctors say it is probably a result of all the dancing I did growing up - but there is no way of knowing for sure.


At any rate, the shoulders sure felt significantly better when I pulled into my driveway at 2:10.
The sun was shining and it was one of those absolutely gorgeous Santa Barbara days:
75 degrees with a cool ocean breeze blowing.
Aaaahhhh...


I was so happy about Spring Break,
I popped inside the house, changed into some comfy clothes, and grabbed my Canon Nifty 50 lens - my Christmas gift.
I brought the DSLR and the Nif-fif out into the garden to practice using the lens.
I also wanted to capture some of the pretties that are blooming right now.


After serving as chauffeur for my kids for a few hours,
I finally settled down on the couch with a Diet Coke and a great book which I started a bit ago - but haven't had time to return to.  I felt so tired from all that has been going on in the last few weeks.  It was a welcome relief.


Tomorrow, my kids have school and my hubby has work...
but I am FREEEEEE!!!
I have a manicure scheduled for the morning 
(= total relaxation)
and then plans for a bit of solo shopping in downtown Santa Barbara.  Then, I may even catch a movie by myself.


I love, Love, LOVE Spring Break.


Here is to some mental rejuvenation!

No comments:

Post a Comment