Sunday, July 31, 2016

Simple French Farmhouse Centerpiece

Farmhouse Style is white HOT right now.
Is it because of the popularity of shows like
HGTV's "Fixer Upper"
- or is it because people want to embrace a 
simple, authentic way of living?


Whatever the reason, I happen to like the trend.
It feels comfortable.
However, if you know me, my style leans more toward
French Farmhouse.


This week I have a very simple French Farmhouse centerpiece on my kitchen table. Even though it is made up of only three items, I love the color and style it adds to my table.

Source:  Pottery Barn

Speaking of my table, a year and a half ago, I splurged on the incredibly beautiful Cortona Farmhouse Table from Pottery Barn.  I love the finish and size.  It even expands - which is nice when you have a big family and like to entertain.  My table is flanked at the ends by two yellow armchairs with cane seats.  I purchased them at the Ventura Flea Market because they screamed "French Farmhouse" to me.  As I carted them to my vehicle, I was stopped by numerous people at the flea market complimenting me on my great find!  I've had them for about a decade now, and I love them as much now as when I purchased them.


In the center of my table,I placed this large ceramic chicken.
I love this piece.
I picked it up at a yard sale my neighbor was having back when I lived up in Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country (about 45 north of Santa Barbara).  My neighbor staged events and she had this chicken (and a matching rooster) from an event.  They were used for one evening - so they were, essentially, new.  I paid only $35 for the pair - and these things are huge.
Later, I was in an upscale boutique on Balboa Island and I saw the chicken and the rooster in the shop for $110 each.


Flanking my French Farmhouse chicken,
I have a set of candles set on yellow Pottery Barn candleholders.  These candleholders remind me of French confit pots.  I styled them with a little preserved grass to add a natural element to the centerpiece.


Overall, this centerpiece is simple - but it has exactly the look I was going for.  Because of the scale of the items, it has a substantial look to it,
and it provides a great POP of color to the room.

I love to scour Pinterest in search of inspiration for other French Farmhouse centerpieces.

Savvy Southern Style always has creative styling ideas with French flair.  Here she used some pops of my beloved yellow with some blue. I love that cow!
Source:  Savvy Southern Style

This French Farmhouse vignette would look fabulous as a centerpiece on my kitchen table.  The dried hydrangeas and white pumpkins would be great in the fall (...coming soon).
Source:  The Cozy Old Farmhouse


Here is another look that is so fresh.  I am inspired.
The wood lazy-susan and the vintage scale are perfection.
The ticking cloth adds a French touch in a subtle way.
Source: Must Love Junk

Thanks for stopping by.
Don't forget to follow me via email, Bloglovin, or Google+.

Linking up:

Dwellings - Amaze Me Mondays:
http://www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com/2016/07/amaze-me-monday-174.html?utm_source=bloglovin.com&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:

DesignThusiasm - Share It One More Time:
http://frame.bloglovin.com/?post=5035536239&blog=12472445&frame_type=blog_profile

The Cottage Market - A Morning Cup of Joe
http://frame.bloglovin.com/?post=5032926779&blog=3253722&frame_type=feed

Coastal Charm - Show and Share
http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2016/08/show-and-share-no-324.html

Between Naps on the Porch - Metamorphosis Monday
http://frame.bloglovin.com/?post=5040038803&blog=8065839&frame_type=feed

Cedar Hill Farmhouse - The Scoop
http://frame.bloglovin.com/?post=5040994615&blog=11032245&frame_type=feed

A Stroll Thru Life - Inspire Me Tuesday
http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2016/08/327th-inspire-me-tuesday.html?utm_source=bloglovin.com&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FznvhK+%28A+Stroll+Thru+Life%29

20 comments:

  1. Michelle, I love your style! Your vignette is so perfect! What a great bargain for the chickens...don't we adore a fabulous find at a good price? The inspiration vignettes are beautiful, as well! I, too love the French farmhouse style and you are spot on with your tabletop! Happy Monday, Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get giddy over a great deal!!! I don't always display my chicken or rooster because I want to make sure my decor doesn't become to kitschy. I do like bringing them out from time to time for a vignette or, in this case, centerpiece because they add a great POP. Thanks for you sweet message!
      Hugs,
      Michelle

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a "happy piece"!!!
      Best,
      Michelle

      Delete
  3. Great centerpiece, I love simple decor and the three pieces are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by. Thanks for your comment.
      Hugs,
      Michelle

      Delete
  4. Love your French farmhouse vignette! Thanks for popping by my blog. I am signing up to follow you on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is a breath of fresh air! I am following you, as well. Thanks for reading!
      Hugs,
      Michelle

      Delete
  5. love your french decor. The big fat white chicken reminds me some my mom had when we grew up
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy you dropped by. I heading over to your blog right now!
      Michelle

      Delete
  6. Love your table and your vignette. Perfect on both counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marty. The table was a great purchase. I love a deal, but I don't mind investing in a piece that is used all day - every day. With 3 teenagers, that table is used constantly (it seems my teens are always eating). Thanks for your comment.
      Hugs,
      Michelle

      Delete
  7. Michelle,
    You know I love your French Farmhouse table setting. I think the trend for farmhouse style comes from allowing people to live in comfortable, informal settings instead of formal rooms where people feel less at ease.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith, I agree. We don't want to live in "museums". We just want to enjoy our homes - and we want our guests to feel at ease, as well. The great thing is that Farmhouse style can be interpreted so many ways: industrial, classic, French, etc. . It allows us to reflect our true style.
      Hugs,
      Michelle

      Delete
  8. Lovely settings. I couldn't pick a favorite as they all were such eye candy. thanks for putting them all together. I have been thinking of buying the Cortona table as I have two of the dark Cortona chairs already. Was happy to see a review of the table here. It tipped me towards buying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cortona table is fantastic. It can be dressed up or dressed down - depending on the occasion. It is one of my favorite purchases!
      Best,
      Michelle

      Delete
  9. I love your centerpiece! Those candlesticks DO look like the french confit pots. I agree that farmhouse style has really taken off! I like that there are different styles of it to choose from as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you dropped by! Those candleholders are among my faves - and they stay out most of the time.
      Best,
      Michelle

      Delete
  10. So much inspiration and I do love your farmhouse style!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with those Pottery Barn candlesticks.

    ReplyDelete