Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Secrets of the sea...


Soon.
Very Soon.
I will be on a much needed VACAY at the beach.
Yes, I do - indeed - live right by the beach.
Yet, at home there are all the responsibilities of daily life.
And, well, daily life has been a bit of a b*$#% lately.
So, I am gearing up for a nice little trip to Balboa Island in Newport Beach, California.

What will I pack for the beach?

I am planning and prepping all the essentials for a day
spent on the sand, catching some rays, hearing the sound of the gentle surf, watching the boats float by in the harbor.
Ahhhh...

First of all, my newly hacked locks (one of the many disasters that has recently transpired) will need to be held back by my Lululemon headband - matching the color of the ocean.
I will protect my skin with Tarte's Tarteguard 30 SPF and L'Occitane's Shea Butter Moisturizing Lip Balm.

I'll pack my L.L.Bean Boat & Tote with a puffy beach towel and a ton of magazines for light reading and daydreaming.
So far I have Veranda, In Style, & Cook's Illustrated.
I used to be a magazine "junkie", but with Pinterest and the internet, magazines aren't my thing as much.
However, for the beach, I love some good mags.
I don't have to worry if they get sandy or little soggy.
One of my favorite bloggers - Ellie at havesomedecorum - recommended the current March issue of Veranda, so I know I will enjoy it.
If you haven't visited Ellie's blog, you MUST!
She's hysterical - and in her 6th year of ALS, she's my hero.


And I can't forget my new Kate Spade aviators.
Honestly, I have been wanting a pair of aviators for awhile now.  I keep popping into shops and trying them on - but they never seem right for my face.  Well, the other day I was in a sunglass shop on State Street in Santa Barbara.  I, again, tried on a pair of aviators that were the wrong size for my face.  The sweet gal at the shop brought over a pair -
and they worked!  They were just right.  I asked her the brand and, of course, they were my favorite: Kate Spade (just like my regular eyeglasses).

Can't wait to break them in to the ocean air on Balboa Island.

"In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans."
-Kahlil Gibran


I hope so...

No comments:

Post a Comment