Saturday, October 31, 2015

Simple Halloween

I am going to admit it:
I LOVE Halloween!!!


Autumn is my favorite time of the year.
In addition, Halloween is a holiday
that brings out the whimsy and childlike excitement
in so many people.
It's just fun.


This year, I've been busy decorating my new classroom -
in addition to decorating at home.


Because all three of my teenagers have plans
with friends (and won't be at home this Halloween),
I decided to keep our celebration rather simple.


Early Halloween morning,
I went out and picked up a dozen doughnuts
at our local bakery.
This was the perfect sweet treat
for my kids and their friends
(who had spent the night on Halloween Eve).



I set a simple "Trick or Treat" tablescape
before the kids were up.


It was the perfect way to enjoy
a simply sweet Halloween morning together.


Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I agree I love autumn. How much fun to have teens with their company for breakfast on Halloween! The donuts look scrumptious! Blessings, Pam (everydayliving.me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam. It WAS fun to have a house full of teens for Halloween breakfast. Then, on Halloween night, my hubby and I were able to snuggle up and watch a movie together while they were out with their friends. Fun (but I miss the days when they were little and we all went trick or treating together).

      Delete
  3. How sweet of you to do that for your kids! It is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was FUN. I treasure these memories.
      Michelle

      Delete