Friday, July 24, 2015

Teenage Son's Bedroom - Mood Board

My son will soon be starting
his SENIOR year in high school.
Say what???
Where did all the time go?
For his final year at home,
I would like to give his bedroom a makeover.




I have created a mood board to help steer my
decisions for his bedroom.
In our cottage, his north-east facing bedroom gets the least amount of natural light.
For that reason, I want to keep it light & neutral.



Living by the sea,
this color palette (by design seeds on Pinterest)
is a great jumping off point.



I have been searching and searching for the right
color to paint his walls.
It cannot be dark at all.
I think something that has a slight blue-grey
would be perfect.
(Right now, the walls are 1970's tan.  Ugh!)
This color is called "Patriotic White" by
Benjamin Moore.  I'll have to try it as a sample.
I don't want the room to look like it's for a baby boy.



After, painting the focal point of the room
is the bed (obviously).
I like this ticking stripe duvet cover from IKEA.
It is great for the queen-sized bed in the room.
I think it will also look nice when this room is the guest room.
Additionally, the price is fantastic.



There isn't room for a bedside table,
so I found this little holder on Pinterest from a site called dormco.  It will hold all his necessities.



About 2 years ago,
my dad built my son a desk very similar to this
one from Pottery Barn Teen.
It has a small shelf with cubbies on the top.
This will stay in the bedroom.
It is a great looking piece...
and it is necessary for homework.



Above the desk, I would like to put this map.
My son can scratch off areas he has traveled to.
I found this map on Amazon.
I think it would serve as unique & colorful art.




On the opposite wall, I would like to build
some shelves for storage & decor.
I found this Restoration Hardware knock-off on Pinterest.
Here is the inspiration:



I will let my son choose items to display.



On another wall,
I would like to build some hooks.
My son can then hang his backpack, lacrosse bag,
and other items
(and get them OFF THE FLOOR!  *wink).


Finally, I would like to add a trunk to his room for storage.
He can take this trunk with him when
he goes off to college next year (insert sob).

I had a locking trunk in college and it was the best item
I had.  It made it easy to move around
and it provided a small amount of security for my items.

Do you have any additional suggestions
for this "Guy's Room Makeover"?
If so, please leave them in the comments section.

Link up at "Share Your Style":
http://dixiedelights.blogspot.com/2015/07/share-your-style-23-party-features.html#more

Or visit "Anything Blue Friday":
http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/07/anything-blue-friday-week-92.html

Link up at Life on Lakeshore Drive:
http://www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com/2015/07/party-time-at-bouquet-of-talent-and-top.html

No comments:

Post a Comment