Friday, May 22, 2015

Frenchie Shades of Gray

Recently, I decided I wanted to create a tablescape
with various shades of gray and silver.
I thought this tablescape would be a great inspiration
for Father's Day, graduation, 
or a sophisticated dinner with friends.


I also wanted to incorporate some of French china.
I began with some gray, white, and black china
from Limoges, France.


This pattern, Directoire-Gray, is one I picked up
at a yard sale about 16 years ago.
I bought a large partial-set for only $10.



I also added French-inspired candle holders and plant pots.



This fleur-de-lis pot held a beautiful orchid,
which I used as the centerpiece.
I placed it on a metal trivet - 
which I purchased in Avignon, France several years ago.



A few weeks ago, I purchased some
Pottery Barn "Great White" plates
at a flea market event.


I decided to begin with black chargers.
Then, I layered on the white plates,
and I topped the entire setting with the Directoire plates.


I added my wedding silver (Royal Danish)
and some white linen napkins.
The napkin holders are from Villeroy & Boch,
and they also doubled as placecards.


Each table-setting was completed with
mason jars with black & white straws
and a basic wine stem.


I filled the rest of the center of the table
with additional plants and candles.






  

I also included gray floating candles
in antique champagne glasses
(which I purchased at an antique store
in Summerland, California last year).


After setting my Frenchie tablescape of gray,
I invited my neighbors over to join
my family for a delicious and fun-filled dinner.


What do you think?  I would love to read your comments.
Also, feel free to follow me through
Bloglovin or Google+!
Thanks.

Au Revoir,
Michelle 

Join the linky party for Tablescape Thursday:



Or, join the linky party for Feathered Nest Friday:





Or, link up with Treasure Hunt Thursday:


Finally, see the "prettys" at Make it Pretty Monday:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment