Saturday, September 13, 2014

Eiffel Tower Enamel Box

Until recently, I had a very small collection
of enamel boxes.
VERY small (3 to be exact).
The first box was from my husband's
high school (Loyola High School in Los Angeles).
Obviously, this box has great sentimental meaning
to my husband.

My second box is an owl.
I love owls - and I have for a long time.
I loved owls way before they became so trendy.

The third box was a gift from my mother-in-law.
She has a HUGE collection
of enamel boxes.
At the change of the millenium,
she gave my husband and I a special edition
Halycon Days enamel box
to celebrate this special occasion (Y2K).
It's beautiful and I adore it.

Recently, my Bestie D and I went to
"Country Roads Antiques"
in Old Towne Orange, California.
There, I found a charming little
enamel box of the Eiffel Tower.


I placed it in the vignette
that I have made from the other enamel boxes I have.
(You can sort of see my husband's high school box
in the background).

I love the colors on this box
(especially the green)!


The box isn't a souvenir
from my trip to France two years ago.
Still, it reminds me of that wonderful trip.
My trip to France was a dream come true!
It's nice to see this enamel box
and remember that wonderful vacation.


The little bow on the center of the lid
is adorable.
I also like the detail on the
metal of the lid and bottom.


I have seen many "design rules"
which say that collections and/or vignettes
should use an odd number of items.
Now that I have 4 enamel boxes,
I will need to look for another
special and/or fun enamel box
to add to my collection.
It will be interesting to have something so specific to hunt for.
Hopefully I will love my fifth box (whenever I find it)
as much as I love the enamel boxes
I have thus far.
Au Revoir,
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Love that ceramic box....I know about "acquiring items" and then needing to add a few more for a "collection"... So glad the box reminds you of your wonderful trip to France...I was there a year ago and hope to return soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I love it!! I say collect away and throw the "design rules" out the window. And, how perfect that it reminds you of your trip! Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. Hope your junk drawer organization goes smoothly. LOL. Feel free to share this post tomorrow at my Make it Pretty Monday party. Here is this week's link if you want to check it out. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-113.html Hope I see you tomorrow at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little box and the color is perfect. I'm sure you'll find the 5th one soon enough, then the 6th, 7th and so on. You really need to make the trip up to Alameda one of these months, you'd love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete