Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Antique Shopping with My Bestie

My husband decided to take our 3 kids camping.
I felt it was the perfect opportunity for an extended visit
 with my Bestie D
(who lives about 3 hours away).
We have a special friendship that spans over 30 years.
I love her so much that she is like a sister to me.
I couldn't wait to see all of her newest home projects
and...
I REALLY wanted to visit 
"Country Roads Antiques and Gardens".



The shop is located in Old Towne Orange, California
(sort of close to Disneyland).
I didn't know much about the shop,
but I did know that they carry
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
(insert big smiley face)!

I have read so many wonderful things about
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
I am excited to try it out on a few projects!


I purchased Annie Sloan's Emperor Silk (red)
and French Linen (a grey with brownish undertones).

Well, Bestie D and I had a grand time browsing
through this wonderful antique shop
(and finding several goodies & treasures).

One item caught my eye right away.
It was a chippy antique statue
of a mother and daughter.


Being a mother is the greatest joy my life!
Honestly, I feel I was placed on this earth
to be a mom.
My children mean the world to me.


Something about this beautiful, chippy statue
resonated with me
and how much I love being a mom.


I knew right away this statue was coming home with me!


It was appropriate that the little girl
was dressed in a tutu.
I grew up dancing and it was a huge part of my life.


I love this fabulous chippy statue,
and it already has a prominent place in our living room.
It will also be the central focus of several
upcoming vignettes
I am planning for autumn and winter.

 "Country Roads Antiques and Gardens"
is a great place.
I purchased several other items
which you will see
in upcoming blog posts.
I can't wait to visit Bestie D again.
You can bet that we will be taking another trip
to "Country Roads Antiques and Gardens"!

Au Revoir, 
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment