Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Photowalk Tour on Granville Island

One of the reasons I began blogging was to combine my love of writing and photography.
I have always loved writing - I was an English major in college - and I've kept a journal for most of my life.
Photography is a great hobby.
I've never had formal training, but I really enjoy it.


During my trip to Vancouver, Canada, I planned a variety of activities for my family to enjoy.
I also planned a special treat for myself:
a nighttime Photowalk Tour of Granville Island.


Because Vancouver is so far north, it doesn't get dark until very late in the summer.
The tour met on Granville Island at 9:15, and the sun was just beginning to set.


The group met the Vancouver Photowalk guide, Barbara,
and then set our tripods up on the dock.
We discussed various features of nighttime photography - including aperture and shutter speed.
Then, we experimented with some sunset shots of a bridge and the Vancouver city skyline.



As darkness fell, we explored a little bit of island and took some photographs at different locations.
Our guide gave us some suggestions of various manual settings we could experiment with.


I loved the beautiful views and I really enjoyed getting more familiar with some of the features of my camera and lenses.


My family and I had visited Granville for lunch and shopping two days before my tour.
Seeing it at night was a completely different experience.
Both were great.
Either way, I recommend popping over to Granville if you ever find yourself in Vancouver.
And, if you enjoy photography -

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos....the night time photos are just amazing!!! Glad you had a great trip....
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was great fun!
      Best,
      Michelle from Simply Santa Barbara

      Delete
  2. Felt like we were there with you with this tour :) thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you enjoyed the post. Thanks for stopping by!
      Hugs,
      Michelle

      Delete