Monday, August 3, 2015

July Loot Shoot (Part 1)

Here are a few things I found last weekend
when I was out and about in Santa Barbara.


I found six wonderful items altogether.


One of the items was a hand-painted Delft plate.


I like how it has the two holes on the back.
I am going to find some pretty silk ribbon to
wind through them.
Then, I will tie a bow and hang the plate from the wall.


I also found a beautiful blue & white mug.
It says:
Take ye cuppe o' kindnesse
Fcauld lang syne"


In Scottish, that means:
"Take a cup of kindness,
for days gone by."


I cannot BELIEVE I bought a mug.
I am a teacher and I have an abundance of mugs.
Still, this one was so pretty, I could not resist.
I could picture its generous size filled with a plant.


I bought a little succulent at the nursery.


I put stones in the bottom, first.
Then, I added potting soil and the little succulent.
Voila'!!!


Another item I purchased at the yard sales
was this delicate mirrored vanity tray.
I had been looking for one for my daughter.
I like its pretty, mottled look.



That's just half of the stuff.
Are you ready to guess how much I spent?
$15.
For all six items!

8 comments:

  1. You go girl!

    I love anything blue and white. :))))

    Happy day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue & white is just so classic!
      Hugs,
      Michelle

      Delete
  2. What beautiful finds! And the price? It makes it even better. It's always a good day when you score some great pieces and still have some change to spare. Wish me luck for my treasure hunting this weekend. On the hunt for mismatched pretty china and silverware. There's always Etsy but the thrill of finding things is much more satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best o' luck on your treasure hunt! Be sure to show us what you find (on your blog). China is a weakness for me! I cannot wait to see if you find something pretty.
      Hugs,
      Michelle

      Delete
  3. Great treasures! Love the blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue and white mug Michelle. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I have so many mugs, I couldn't pass this one up!
      Hugs,
      Michelle

      Delete